28-12-11 07:53 Age: 1 yrs
LeMans Racing Speeds into Asia with Host Broadcaster EPM & CTVS as the Pacesetters
This event had a particular nemissing challenger by the name of
“Rain”. CTVS has produced pictures and sound in Earthquakes,
Tsunamis, Terrorist attacks, Blizzards, and now Monsoonal rains that
fall not only down in pours but from down to up, side to side, and
every which way. CTVS technicians again partnered with EPM have proven resilient and are equipped for most anything mother nature or man throws at us.
LeMans Racing raced for the checkered flag with CTVS and Host Broadcaster EPM in the southern Chinese city of Zhuhai---directly neighboring the booming Asian gambling mecca of Macao.
As with most sporting events CTVS and EPM crews executed ENG shoots, live
broadcast events for multiple international clients simultaneously, post-production, transmissions, OB-van facilities, grip, rigging, logistics, and transport.
CTVS and EPM provided an international signal for broadcasters around the globe and an extra signal transmission + OB VAN facilities for Peugeot.
In addition, for Peugeot CTVS provided the following:
- Fully constructed studio with 3 camera set-up;
- RF Camera of the Peugeot garage
- 2 commentary crews/units
- a dedicated SNG
- Peugeot internal broadcast for all international locations set realtime
- Live Webcast on outlets such as internet video portal Tudou.com
**NOTED TECHNICAL CHALLENGE:
The distance between the transmission point and all this action was approximately 1KM (3,300 feet).
- 17 Track Sony HDC1580 cameras live manned-camera positions,
- 8 RF on-board cameras giving the viewer the perspective of the racer,
- 2 handheld RF camera positions in the pits,
- In total, the CTVS grip and rigging team ran more than 22 kilometer
(13.5 miles) of SMPTE fiber optic cable and an additional 4 kilometers
(2.5 miles) of multi-core cabling per race track.
- Two OB-van facilities supported all corresponding cameras, EVS
systems, edit suites, and held camera matching, vision switchers,
audio mixers, VTRs, and a full-length monitoring wall, with expandable
side compartments for maximum ergonomics in the field.
For more information check out the LeMans website:
For more information on CTVS' motorsports broadcast partner EPM please
check out their website: